Mahavir Jayanti significant festival celebrated across the globe. Mahavir Jayanti is one of the best auspicious celebrations in the Jain community. it is being celebrated on April 14th this year, The Jains community offer prayers, carry out rath yatras, and visit temples, to admire Mahavir Jayanti.
Mahavir Jayanti is also referred to as Mahaveer Janma Kalyanak, or the birth anniversary of Lord Mahavira. in response to the Hindu calendar, Mahavir Jayanti is widely known on the thirteenth day in the month of Chaitra.
Table of Contents
History and Significance of Mahavir Jayanti
This celebration marks the birth of the Vardhamana Mahavira, who become the twenty-fourth and the final Tirthankara, non secular trainer in Jainism.
in response to a number of historians, Lord Mahavira was born in a spot known as Ahalya bhumi. The land has not been ploughed for a whole bunch of years through the family that owns it. Lord Mahavira was the 3rd child of King Siddhartha & Queen Trishala in Ikshvaku dynasty. He was born about 599 B.C in Kundalagrama in Vaishali district in Bihar.
He took over his ancestor’s kingdom at very early age and ruled it for over years. later, he gave up all carnal backing and decided to seek enlightenment in lifestyles.
What is Tirthankara
It means saviour & a spiritual teacher in Jainism
Five Ways of life
All his lifestyles, he preached ahimsa (non-violence), Satya (truth), asteya (non-Stealing), brahmacharya (chastity) and aparigraha (non-attachment) to his disciples and his teachings had been called Jain Agamas.
Later having preached the actuality of normal adulation, wherein he said that everyone residing beings are equal, and for that reason has to be loved and revered, he accomplished moksha liberation from the cycle of birth & death of life at the age of 72 in 527 B.C.
Since, Mahavira committed his life to teach spiritual freedom, the followers of Jainism across the world have a good time this day to honour his thoughts.
How Mahavir Jayanti celebrated
Mahavir Jayanti holds a big significance value for the Jain Community and is well known with non-secular fervor & festive spirit in Whole India & even worldwide. A lot of Charity works being done by Jain devotees, recitation of stavans, a March of the lord in a chariot and religious lectures through Jain munis and sadhvis are the special appeal on this festival.
An advance is conducted with the idol of Lord Mahavira called the Rath Yatra. admirers recite stavans or bhajans. Just before the march, a statue of the Lord Mahavira has accustomed a ceremonial bath known as Abhishek.
Jain community visit the temples that are dedicated to lord and organise mass prayer sessions.
Food always plays an important role in any festival or event wordwide So in this festival too, plays an important role in the festival of Mahavir Jayanti as all admirers strictly adhere to satvik food regimen. Satvik diet restrains from onions and garlic, afterward the key concept of ingesting sparkling food with minimum harm to the living creatures.
- Follow the path of non-violence Take the holy pledge on this auspicious day of Mahavir Jayanti.
- Wish you a very Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
- May the teachings of Lord Mahavir inspire you Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
- On the auspicious occasion of Mahavir Jayanti, I wish you lots of happiness, good health, and success.
- On this holy occasion, I wish that you always walk on the path of truth and peace…. Happy Mahavir Jayanti.
- May Lord Mahavir bless you on Mahavir Jayanti, and always.
- Sending you warm wishes this Mahavir Jayanti.
- Take the pledge of non-violence on this auspicious day of Mahavir Jayanti.
- Happy Mahavir Jayanti to you and your family. May your life is full of positivity and brightness, happiness and purity. May you always choose the path of kindness and righteousness.
- Sending best wishes to you and your family on the auspicious day of Mahavir Jayanti…..I wish that you are blessed with peace & happiness….. I wish that your bond of love grows stronger….. I wish that you are always smiling and joyous!
- Live and Let Live, wishing you and your family a very Happy Mahavir Jayanti.
- Let’s pray for peace and harmony for all humankind on this auspicious day. Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
- The best way to observe such an auspicious occasion is to strive for peace and strengthen the bonds of brotherhood. Happy Mahavir Jayanti!
- Follow the Path of Nonviolence. Take Pledge on this auspicious day of Mahavir Jayanti. Happy Mahavir Jayanti to you.
- Live and Let Live, Wishing you and your family a very Happy Mahavir Jayanti.
Mahavir Jayanti Inspirational Quotes
- “If you want to cultivate a habit, do it without any reservation, till it is firmly established. Until it is so confirmed, until it becomes a part of your character, let there be no exception, no relaxation of effort.” -Lord Mahavira
- “Fight with yourself, why fight with external foes? He, who conquers himself through himself, will obtain happiness.” – Lord Mahavira
- “In happiness and suffering, in joy and grief, we should regard all creatures as we regard our own self.” – Lord Mahavira
- “A man is seated on top of a tree in the midst of a burning forest. He sees all living beings perish. But he doesn’t realize that the same fate is soon to overtake him also. That man is a fool.”- Lord Mahavira
- “Don’t accumulate if you do not need. The excess of wealth in your hands is for the society, and you are the trustee for the same.” -Lord Mahavira