How to celebrate World Laughter Day, importance, history, and inspiring quotes
World Laughter Day is celebrated on the 1st Sunday of May every year to spread happiness worldwide. This year May 2, 2021, will be celebrated as World Laughter Day.
Laughing is one the cheapest and by far the most pleasant therapy worldwide. It has the great power to heal not only your soul but also your body. It gives pleasant fun and relaxes your whole body and even relieves physical whole tension and helps boost the immune system.
It works as a greatest antidote for whole pain, stress, and any kind of conflicts. Nothing works faster than laughter to bring your mind & body back into a proper balance.
In today’s scenario I believe that most of the people might have come across the phrase, “laughter is the best medicine”, so try to laugh whenever you get the chance, don’t miss those golden opportunities, even when people give you funny looks you should never stop laughing.
Just a simple smile or slight giggle has the power to completely alter the atmosphere and mood of the surroundings. Laughter has the great power to heal and renew.
A smile is a curve that sets everything straight.~Phyllis Diller
According to the many studies done across the world, laughter improves the function of blood vessels. It increases the blood flow, protects you against a heart attack and other cardiovascular problems. A person who laughs a lot lives longer and has a healthier and happier life.
History of World Laughter Day
World Laughter Day was celebrated first time on 10th May 1998 in India Mumbai. This day was put out by Dr. Madan Kataria, founder of the worldwide Laughter Yoga movement.
How is World Laughter Day celebrated?
On World Laughter Day a lot of people usually go to Laughter clubs, gather & laugh together. Many people watch comedy movies/Movies scenes and pictures with friends or listen to famous comedians shows for fun and laughter.
Sharing funny jokes/memes on social media by keeping hashtag World Laughter Day is the new trends getting developed across the world.
Inspirational Quotes for World Laughter Day
- When you laugh, you change, and when you change the whole world changes around you. – Dr. Madan Kataria
- I have not seen anyone dying of laughter, but I know millions who are dying because they are not laughing. – Dr. Madan Kataria
- Life is worth living as long as there’s a laugh in it. -Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Laughing is, and will always be, the best form of therapy. -Dau Voire
- A good laugh is a sunshine in the house. -William Thackeray
- I never would have made it if I could not have laughed. It lifted me momentarily out of this horrible situation, just enough to make it livable. — Viktor Frankl
- A day without laughter is a day wasted. Charlie Chaplin
- Power, money, persuasion, supplication, persecution-these can lift at a colossal humbug-push it a little-weaken it a little, century by century, but only laughter can blow it to rags and atoms at a blast. Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand. -Mark Twain
- I have always felt that laughter in the face of reality is probably the finest sound there is and will last until the day when the game is called on account of darkness. In this world, a good time to laugh is any time you can. -Linda Ellerbee
- When you awaken love and laughter in your life, your mind lets go of fear and anxiety, and your happy spirit becomes the healing balm that transforms every aspect of your human experience. -Jesse Dylan
- Laughter is a way of really letting out all this pressure that you could face in your daily life in the suffering of your people, and comedy is almost like medicine to your soul in a way. -Hiam Abbass
- Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Don’t, and the world laughs at you. -Fakeer Ishavardas.
- A good laugh heals a lot of hurts. — Madeleine L’Engle
- A good laugh is a mighty good thing, a rather too scarce a good thing. — Herman Melville
- A smile starts on the lips, a grin spreads to the eyes, a chuckle comes from the belly; but a good laugh bursts forth from the soul, overflows, and bubbles all around. — Carolyn Birmingham
- A well-balanced person is one who finds both sides of an issue laughable. — Herbert Procknow
- Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand. — Mark Twain
- A smile is a curve that sets everything straight. — Phyllis Diller
- Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine. — Lord Byron
- An optimist laughs to forget; a pessimist forgets to laugh. — Tom Nansbury
- And keep a sense of humor. It doesn’t mean you have to tell jokes. If you can’t think of anything else, when you’re my age, take off your clothes and walk in front of a mirror. I guarantee you’ll get a laugh. — Art Linkletter
- And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh. — Friedrich Nietzsche
- Each of us has a spark of life inside us, and our highest endeavor ought to be to set off that spark in one another. — Kenny Ausubel
- Earth laughs in flowers. — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Even the gods love jokes — Plato
- God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh. — Voltaire
- Grim care, moroseness, and anxiety—all this rust of life ought to be scoured off by the oil of mirth. Mirth is God’s medicine. — Henry Ward Beecher
- Among those whom I like or admire, I can find no common denominator, but among those whom I love, I can: all of them make me laugh. — W. H. Auden
- As soap is to the body, so laughter is to the soul. — A Jewish Proverb
- As soon as you have made a thought, laugh at it. — Lao Tsu
- At the height of laughter, the universe is flung into a kaleidoscope of new possibilities. — Jean Houston
- Cancer is probably the unfunniest thing in the world, but I’m a comedian, and even cancer couldn’t stop me from seeing the humor in what I went through. — Gilda Radner
- Everyone is so afraid of death, but the real Sufis just laugh: nothing tyrannizes their hearts. What strikes the oyster shell does not damage the pearl.” — Mevlana Rumi
- From there to here, from here to there, funny things are everywhere. — Dr. Seuss
[…] World Laughter Day – 2nd May […]
[…] World Laughter Day […]