How to Make Tasty mango float recipe
Filipino Mango Float Recipe frozen dessert is made with layers of graham crackers, sweet whipped cream, and ripe mango. Make sure to cool everything, especially the cream, condensed milk, glass dish, mixing bowl, and whisk. This will help the cream to whip faster and everything will come together well while whipping. Thaw the float before serving or serve slightly chilled. Enjoy your meal with your favorite dessert wine, cocktail, coffee or tea!
Mango Float Recipe Ingredients (for 8 servings)
- 5 ripe mangoes, but not soft
- 4 cups heavy cream-(960 ML (chilled overnight)
- 1 can condensed milk (chilled overnight)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 21 graham cracker and some more crushed for topping
Mango Float Recipe Preparation Steps
- Peel the mangoes and cut the lobes as close to the pit as possible. Thinly slice half the mango lobes into 15mm thick slices, keeping the slices intact and transferring them to a platter or plate. Cover and refrigerate until ready to assemble. Cut the rest of the mango into 1.24 cm cubes. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Add 2 cups of cream to a large chilled bowl and use an electric hand mixer to whip on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form 3 to 5 minutes. Add the remaining 2 cups of cream and beat again until stiff peaks form, 3 to 5 minutes more.
- Add half of the condensed milk and beat until completely incorporated. Add remaining condensed milk, vanilla and salt and whisk until completely incorporated and stiff peaks form, 4 to 7 minutes. Mix the last time with a rubber spatula.
- Line a chilled 7 x 11 (17 x 27 cm) glass dish with parchment paper, letting it run on all sides.
- Cover the bottom of the dish with a single layer of graham crackers, pulling them apart to fill in any gaps. Spread 2-3 cups (480-720 mL) of the whipped cream mixture evenly over crackers, to edges and corners of plate. Cover with half of the mango cubes. Repeat for another layer. For the final layer, arrange the graham crackers over the diced mango and top with 2-3 cups of whipped cream. Arrange the thinly sliced mango on a decorative top. Sprinkle the crushed graham crackers around the edge of the float.
- Cover the mango float with cling film and refrigerate for 4-6 hours, until the cream hardens and the graham crackers soften and absorb some moisture. Transfer the float to the freezer for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove the float from the freezer and use the parchment paper to lift it off the plate. Let thaw 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with your favorite cocktail, dessert wine, tea, or coffee, and Enjoy !!!